Summus knows that your privacy is important to you, and we want you to know that it is important to us too. We created this Policy to explain the types of information we collect through our Web sites on which it is posted and our mobile applications (each, a “Site”), how we will use, disclose and protect this information once it is collected, and how you can opt-out of some of our uses and disclosures of your information.
Here are a few general principles to keep in mind as you read through this Policy:
- The Site is owned and operated by Summus Global, Inc. (referred to collectively in this policy as “Summus,” “we,” “us,” “our” and other similar pronouns).
- We may share your Personal Information with third parties for third party marketing purposes. You can elect for us not to do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As our business evolves, this Policy may change, so check back to this page periodically to make sure you understand how your personal information will be treated.
- This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to us, or that we may obtain, other than through our Site, such as over the phone, by mail, or in person, except that your rights to opt-out of our use and sharing of your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes applies also to the personal information that we collect offline.
Opt In and Opt Out
You may have the right to opt in to or opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. For example, when you are asked to provide Personal Information on this Site, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive messages from us by e-mail or text message. You may tell us that you do not want to receive our promotional messages by sending us your name, address, e-mail and phone number to: email@example.com. You can also opt out of our promotional emails by clicking on the opt-out link within the e-mail you receive. To opt out of our SMS text messages, please login to your online profile and opt out of text message notifications. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt-out request and that even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
What information is collected on this Site?
"Personal Information" is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as information attributed with such information. We collect Personal Information such as your name; postal addresses; e-mail addresses; telephone numbers; wireless device addresses (including text message addresses); date of birth; gender; health information; credit card and other payment information; site browsing and transaction history; and demographic information. For example, we collect Personal Information when you register as a member on our Site; request a consultation with a physician consultant; complete surveys; or submit information to us using our “contact us” or similar feature on the Site.
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many Web sites, our servers automatically collect your IP address when you visit our Site, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your Site usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, thereferring page that linked you to the Site, the pages, content you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, and any search terms you have entered on the Site or a referral site.
Among other things, this information enables us to generate analytics reports on the usage of our Site. To opt out of your Site usage being included in our Google Analytics reports, you may follow these instructions.
In addition, we may deploy various tracking technologies on the Site to collect additional information about your Site visits. For example:
- Cache cookies, such as eTags, may be used to identify your computer or device as the same computer or device that visited our Site or another Web site in the past.
- A pixel tag (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you've opened one of our emails or seen one of our Sites.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you, and relate your Site Usage Information to other information about you, including your Personal Information. These technologies also enable us to recognize you when you access our Site using different Web browsers and different computers or devices.
By using our Web Site, you consent to our use of these tracking technologies as described above.
How is your information used?
We or our providers of services such as such as hosting, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services may use the information we collect from and about you to perform the following business functions:
- provide you with the Services and information you request;
- enabling users to use our Site and its features;
- administering the Site and your account with us;
- processing and fulfilling your transactions;
- furthering our business purposes, such as quality assessment, data analysis, audits, developing new products and services, enhancing the Services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- responding to your requests, questions, and concerns;
- conducting research surveys and market research;
- developing new features and offerings on the Site;
- sending you marketing and other communications, including information about products and services of ours and of others, that we think might interest you; you may opt out of receiving such notices from us by following the instructions in the Opt In and Opt Out section above;
- protecting our rights and property;
- recovering debt and preventing fraud;
- customizing our Site to your interests and history with us; and
- other purposes disclosed when personal information is submitted to us.
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site Usage Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Site, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
Do we share Personal Information and Site Usage Information with others?
Yes. We may share the information we collect on the Site with others for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with third parties who need your information in order to provide services to us (or on our behalf), we may share your information with:
- physician consultants
- our third-party service providers that provide services such as hosting, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law
- in connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business
In addition, we may share non-personally identifiable Site Usage Information (including aggregate data) with others, for their own use, in a form that does not include your name or contact information.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Some Web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” (DNT) signals to the Web sites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not change our tracking practices (which are explained in more detail under “Site Usage Information” above) in response to DNT settings in your web browser.
Our third party partners, such as web analytics companies, collect information about your online activities over time and across our Site and other online properties. These third parties may not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor DNT settings. We may utilize Google Analytics for our web analytics and you can opt out of your Site usage data being included in our Google Analytics reports by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If the e-mail address you provide to us is a wireless e-mail address, you agree to receive messages from us at such address unless and until you tell us not to send messages to that address, by following the instructions in the **Opt In and Opt Out** section above. You may change your e-mail preferences at any time, but your wireless carrier's standard rates will apply as long as you are receiving messages at a wireless e-mail address. If you give us a wireless e-mail address, you represent that you are the owner or authorized user of the device on which messages will be received and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges.
Text Message Service
Your Access Rights
You may review, update or modify certain of the Personal Information that is stored in your user account on the Site (if you have one) by logging in to the “My Profile” or similar area of the Site. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you the ability to change any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. Your right to delete your information is subject to our records retention policies.
While we endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information collected via this Site, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
If you correspond with us by e-mail, text message, or using Web forms like a “contact us” feature on our Site, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If you create an account on our Site, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any activity that occurs using your account credentials, whether or not you authorized such activity. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
If we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Linked-To” Web Sites
The Site may contain links that lead to other Web sites. We are not responsible for these other sites, and so their posted privacy policies (not this Policy) will govern the collection and use of your information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each Web site visited after leaving the Site to learn about how your information is treated by others.
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new “Effective Date.” In some cases (for example, if we significantly expand our use or sharing of your Personal Information), we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you. In some cases, we may request your consent to the changes.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
Summus Global, Inc.
132 East 43rd Street, #354
New York, NY 10017
We also can be reached by phone at (+1) 917-565-8540 and by e-mail at email@example.com.
Effective Date: December 1st, 2015